Collings Brothers are pleased to announce their latest new franchise Claydon Drills.
With a wide range of innovative machinery designed specifically for preparing the soil and for precision drilling of seeds, Claydon Drills are one of the leading manufacturers of seed drills in the World.
Their products include:
- Claydon Straw Harrow: The Claydon Straw Harrow will encourage weeds to germinate quickly from the same depth at the same time. Creating a quick and effective germination of weed seeds is essential in any direct drilling or min till establishment system and straw harrowing is the best way to encourage weeds to germinate. The Claydon straw harrow can be used in conjunction with the Claydon TerraStar.
- Claydon Rolls: These Claydon Rolls help achieve effective crop establishment by ensuring thorough soil consolidation around the seeding zone. Claydon Rolls have been developed to allow farmers to effectively roll after strip seeding to ensure the crops are given an uncompromised start. Available in widths of 6.3mtr, 8.3mtr and 12.3mtr with horizontal folding for road transport.
- Claydon Hybrid T – Trailed Drills: Very versatile, flexible and simple. The Hybrid T will drill direct into stubble – min till – or plough. With high clearance, simple to set up, low running costs and available in widths of 3mtr, 4mtr, 4.8mtr, 6mtr and 8mtr.
- Claydon Hybrid M – Mounted Drills: Like the Claydon Hybrid T Trailed Drill, these are very versatile, flexible and simple and will drill direct into stubble – min till – or plough. With high clearance, simple to set up, low running costs and huge trash clearance, the leading tine busts out compaction, puts air in the soil and creates drainage and tilth for the seeding zone. The seeding tine then creates more tilth and places the seed under the tilth at your chosen depth above the drainage channel, giving super-efficient strip tillage
- Claydon Terrablade: This is an inter-row hoe providing a low-cost, mechanical method of controlling weeds in combinable, band-sown crops. Band sowing at 30cm leaves a 14-15cm-wide unseeded strip between the rows which can be mechanically hoed and the TerraBlade eliminates weeds from that area reliably, safely and without using chemicals. The Claydon TerraBlade has the potential to improve crop yields, drastically lower the potential for carry-over of weed seeds and reduce the risk of more resistant types developing, covering up to 40ha a day with a 6mtr unit.
- Claydon Terrastar: The Terrastar creates an ideal shallow tilth which encourages volunteers and weeds, including blackgrass, to chit, while also assisting with stubble management, slug control, drainage and the incorporation of manures. It is fast and effective and incorporates a minimum of wearing parts, making for an extremely low-cost operation. The TerraStar is also ideal for mulching/incorporating crop or other residues and can be used to help level fields and produce more uniform seed beds.